Our photos are seasonal examples of plants we find beautiful. They may or may not be in stock currently.
Why isn't our stock list available? Most brick and mortar nurseries don't have stock available online simply because it can change in a matter of seconds. We'd be more than happy to take your call, do a physical check for the item you are seeking and give you a personal description of the item's height, habit, price, etc.
Or, stop by and visit us -- we keep a great selection of plants throughout the year!
2019 Border Renovation
The border garden is a place to find peace and inspiration. It also allows us to trial new plants to see if they are worth selling and growing in our climate. Click to see photos of the new and improved border.
Between our staff, library and online resources, Wells Medina Nursery has a wealth of horticultural knowledge that we are happy to share. Never hesitate to call or visit the store for advice regarding your latest gardening challenge.
- Wells Medina Nursery Library: Selecting and caring for plants is not an easy task. We happily offer our customers the same horticultural resources that our staff uses to become better gardeners.
- Bare Root Planting Guide: Some of our stock comes to us bare root, and requires a little extra attention while planting. This step-by-step guide will help you successfully establish bare root plants.
- Planning for Fruitful Falls: With cooler, wetter weather on the horizon, add fruit trees and shrubs to your fall planting list and have home grown fruit for the years to come.
- 2019 Rose List: We strive to provide quality roses varieties with a diversity of growth habits, fragrances and blooms. Keep in mind that our inventory changes daily, please call ahead to ensure we have a particular variety in stock.
- 2018 Coleus List: Wells Medina Nursery offers more than 30 varieties of coleus each spring, many of which are hard to find elsewhere. Please call ahead to ensure a particular variety is in stock.
- Tomato Growing Tips: Our nursery offers numerous varieties of tomatoes. This guide will help you have a successful tomato season from start to finish.
- Basic Rhododendron Care: As Washington's state flower, Rhododendron is a must-have for your garden. This guide will help you establish a healthy plant.
- Air Plants 101: Air plants are ideal for gardeners with limited outdoor space, and are virtually mess-free. This blog will help you care for plants in the plant genus Tillandsia.
- Birdhouse Blog: Having a bird-friendly garden is beneficial in multiple ways. This blog explains how to attract, maintain and enjoy a variety of feathered friends.