- Full or part time, 10 am-6 pm.
- This is a seasonal position with the opportunity to extend based on skill and performance.
- General knowledge and interest regarding plants and gardening practices. Desire to learn more is a bonus.
- Ability to work busy shifts, including weekend days, in various weather conditions and stay active for all day. Activities includes bending, lifting and lots of walking.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly manner, respond to their questions and provide educated gardening solutions.
- Retail experience and the ability to tally and ring up purchases using a scanner and touchscreen monitor.
- Ability to efficiently perform nursery duties and willingness to take on special projects.
- Training as a Master Gardener or Certified Professional Horticulturist is a big plus!
- Provide excellent customer service and advice to the local gardening community. This includes making sales, researching plants, diagnosing plant ailments, loading cars, making educated gardening suggestions and contributing to a friendly, relaxing nursery environment.
- General care for plants and trees. This includes unloading trucks, organizing plants within nursery, potting, weeding, watering and grooming.
- General nursery maintenance including opening and closing duties, caring for equipment, maintaining overall cleanliness and some repairs.
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com, delivered in person or sent in the mail.