- Full or part time, 10 am-6 pm.
- This is a seasonal position with the opportunity to extend employment based on skill and performance.
- General knowledge and interest regarding plants and gardening practices. Desire to expand learning is a bonus.
- Ability to work busy shifts, including weekend days, in various weather conditions while staying active all day. Activities includes bending, lifting and lots of walking.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly manner, respond to their questions and provide educated gardening solutions.
- Retail experience and the ability to tally and ring up purchases using a scanner and touchscreen monitor.
- Ability to efficiently perform nursery duties and willingness to take on special projects.
- Training as a Master Gardener or Certified Professional Horticulturist is a big plus!
Responsibilities & More
- Provide excellent customer service and advice to the local gardening community. This includes processing sales, researching plants, diagnosing plant ailments, loading cars, making educated suggestions and contributing to a welcome, tranquil nursery environment.
- General care for plants and trees. This includes unloading trucks, organizing, potting, grooming and watering plants.
- General nursery maintenance includes performing opening and closing duties, caring for equipment, maintaining cleanliness and making minor repairs.
- Start Date: ASAP.
- Compensation: $15-$16 an hour; rate dependent on experience.
Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, delivered in person or sent in the mail.