Read through our blogs to learn more at Wells Medina Nursery's history and community. This is a great place to learn more about our staff, customers and the process of providing exceptional plants and trees. If you are interested in day-to-day posts about gardening and what we find exciting about our nursery, follow our Twitter account: @Wells_Medina
Tomato Tipoff is May 19
With our Tomato Tipoff just around the corner, our staff would like to share their favorite tomato varieties, recipes and a few pieces of advice to minimize your stress and maximize your summer harvest.
- Tomato Growing Guide - You've waited for overnight temperatures to get above 50 degrees, now continue your tomato growing success with these tips.
- Staff Favorite Tomatoes - With so many varieties it can be hard to decide which tomatoes to grow. Here's which varieties we like and why.
- Farm-fresh Soup Recipe - Comfort food made from garden ingredients.
- Homemade Salsa - Great with corn chips or as the perfect compliment to omelets or tacos.
- Easy Caprese - Simple enough for a snack; elegant enough for an appetizer.
As always, feel free to share your favorite tomato varieties, growing tips and recipes with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or by visiting the nursery.
Cold Pack Refrigerator Dill Pickle Recipe
Many Wells Medina Nursery customers not only enjoy getting their hands dirty in the garden, but also enjoy making a mess in kitchen as well. I was lucky enough to meet Bob K. while he was buying cucumber starts in April. We soon found ourselves having a pickle conversation, and Bob offered to share his favorite recipe for spicy Dill pickles.